Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Call To Arms

we
we are
we are in the golden age of deceit
we are the future... we are the past and we are the present
we are the here and now
we are the children born into a generation driven by lust, greed and hatered
we are the sons and daughters of "i want it now"ism and instant gratification
we are guiltless, shamelss, tired and blameless
however...
we are not alone
we are in this together
we are the hands that can tear down this black city
we are the foundation on which the new kingdom will be built
we are the children of rescue, salvage and truth
we are the dawn of a new day
we can stand and fight; we are stronger
we are patiently waiting, loving not hating
we are the revolution
we are...I am...
you

3 comments:

God Remains Faithful said...

Chris, I can feel your words in this blog... I watch my sons struggle daily with the weight caused by past generations, this present generation and trying to see hope for future generations. Forgive my generation, we are so self absorbed... God's grace and strength to all of us who continue to trust Him in this journey... our forever hope is that... this is not our home! Thank God!

Unknown said...

Chris, what is going on in your head? Sounds like a lot. Isn't it amazing how your thinking changes when you have a child of your own? I love you, my friend. Mom

Unknown said...

I'm amazed at the growth of your personal happiness. I'm not sure why I know this, but it's pretty resounding in the words I have just read. Kudos!